Roll of Honour
Independent Order of Oddfellows
|Location: Register Office, Sheep Street, Cirencester||Grid Reference: SP021018|
|Unveiled: July 1920||"Cheltonians" listed on this Roll of Honour: 22|
|Visited:||UKNIWM Ref: In due course|
|Inscriptions on this Roll of Honour: 1914 - 1919 Love - Friendship - Truth. Pro Patria Roll of Honour In Memory of the following Brethren of the Cheltenham and Cirencester District of the Independent Order of Oddfellows, Manchester Unity, who made the supreme sacrifice in the Great War|
"Cheltonians" commemorated on this Roll of Honour
Arundell H R
Bastin E C
Bridgman F E
Brown W M
Cheshire J R
Cook C R
Davis E A
Dowdeswell R J
Fildes P T
Flowers W J
Grimes F C
Kitz H W
Lacey H C
Lloyd T D
Mason E C
Mason F G
Morgan W H
Redman W T
Sims H G
Young H F W
1. Arundell's original battlefield grave marker is located near the entrance to Cheltenham Cemetery.
2. Brown is commemorated on his mother's grave in Charlton Kings Cemetery.
3. Cheshire is commemorated on the grave of relatives in Leckhampton (St Peter's) Churchyard.
4. Cook is commemorated on his father's grave in Cheltenham Cemetery.
5. Dowdeswell is buried in Prestbury (St Mary's) Churchyard.
6. Grimes is commemorated on the family plot in Cheltenham Cemetery.
7. Hawkins is commemorated on the grave of his parents in Cheltenham Cemetery.
8. Kitz is buried in Cheltenham Cemetery.
9. Sims is buried in Charlton Kings Cemetery.
10. All are commemorated in the Roll of Honour pages.
11. The photo of this Roll of Honour is taken from the Cheltenham Chronicle and Gloucestershire Graphic published on Saturday 24th July 1920.
Page last updated: 29th April 2014
Return to Memorials Home Page
Home Page | Area Covered | War Memorials | Roll of Honour | Uncommemorated | Cemeteries | Investigations | Observations |
| Commemorations | Images | Facts and Figures | Victoria Crosses | The Book | Memorial Scroll | Links | Acknowledgements |
| Latest News | Timeline | VAD Hospitals | Site Map |