Roll of Honour
Highbury Congregational Church, Cheltenham
|Location: Oxford Street/Priory Walk, Cheltenham||Grid Reference: SO 955221|
|Unveiled:||Names on this Roll of Honour: 14 + 97|
|Visited: 26th October 2003||UKNIWM Ref: In due course|
Inscriptions on this Roll of Honour: Roll of Honour
|There are two section of the Roll of Honour. The top section is titled "Men Who Made The Supreme Sacrifice" of which there are 14 names. The lower section is titled "Others Who Served" which lists 97 names.|
Alphabetical list of names on the Roll of Honour of those who made the supreme sacrifice
Bowles W G *
Brown D M *
Gurney K *
Marshall H G *
Winterbotham C W *
|Full details of those listed on this Roll of Honour can be viewed here.|
|Those marked with * should be linked with the notes against their name in the panel below.|
1. Bowles is commemorated on the grave of his mother in Cheltenham Cemetery.
2. Brown is commemorated on the grave of his great-grandfather in Charlton Kings (St Mary) Churchyard.
3. Gurney's original battlefield grave marker is now located near the entrance to Cheltenham Cemetery.
4. Marshall is buried in Cheltenham Cemetery.
5. Winterbotham is commemorated on the family plot in Cheltenham Cemetery.
6. All are commemorated in the Roll of Honour pages.
Page last updated: 3rd February 2009
Return to Memorials Home Page
| Home Page | Area Covered | War Memorials | Roll of Honour | Uncommemorated | Cemeteries | Investigations | Observations |
| Commemorations | Images | Facts and Figures | Victoria Crosses | The Book | Memorial Scroll | Links | Acknowledgements |
| Latest News | Timeline | VAD Hospitals | Site Map |